Saturday, October 27, 2007

Struttin' My Mutt

I had to miss out on the big Woodlands Garage Sale today (boo), because Harley and I already had big plans for this morning. This was our 3rd year walking in the "Mutt Strutt", which is a one mile benefit walk for our local Humaine Society. Then after the walk there's events, contests, and booths to see. Last year we came in 1st place in the walk. I've learned, over the years, through participating in this event, that my dog, apparently, has a burning need to be at the front of the pack. He pretty much drags me along for the entire mile trying to be in front of everyone, including the leaders that we are supposed to follow. I had to keep holding him back so he wouldn't pass them. Anyway, today, we were in first place again for the entire mile and then just as we're about to cross the finish, these two teenage girls, take off running so they could cross first. Harley and his mother were unamused! Oh, well, we know we were the real winners. hehe I'm thinking maybe we should sign up to be the ones that lead the walk next year, so Harley can fulfill his pack leader needs. hehe After the walk, we made the rounds to the booths, so Harley could flirt with the ladies for free treats. He was wearing his polo shirt, looking especially sharp, and he sat up in his begging pose for them. It worked. There was an agility demonstration and, after, people could bring their dogs through the track. Harley did pretty well weaving through the poles and jumping through the hoops, but he didn't much care for the thing that looked like a see saw. And neither did most of the others. So, we had a good time, and Mutt Strutt always seems to fall on a day with really nice weather. As usual, I had my camera going, so, here's some pics from the day....

This is a dog that I reeeeally wanted to adopt. As soon as he saw me walk up, he hurried over to me, sat beside me, and just stayed there leaning against my leg. Now, that's not playing fair! Who can resist that?
Harley checkin' out the big guys.
Is this a tired face, or what? He slept the whole way home.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

He's so cute in his polo shirt!!

Erin said...

I was bummed. Last year when I came home from Mutt Strutt, ya'll were at our house. This year when I came home, no one was here but me. :( Boo!