Saturday, October 6, 2007

Wednesday, October 3rd:
I've been wanting to paint my dining room for quite a while now. I figured it would be easy when I set out (a few months ago) to find paint, since I had a picture in my mind of exactly what I wanted. Well, let me just tell you, I was wrong! There are a million different variations of tan/toupe (that's my name for it). And I just couldn't seem to find the one that I had in my head. So I went around to a bunch of different places, which I hate to do. I don't like when I have to go to a bunch of places. I want to just go and find it right away. I brought home a ton of paint chips and taped them all over my wall. And after careful deliberation, I chose a color last week. So, a week or so goes by, and then Wednesday morning for some reason I woke up and said to myself that's it, today paint is going up on those walls. So, I brought my mom to the airport, went to my doctors appointment (got poked with needles twice - bloodwork and flu shot), went to Sherwin Williams and bought the paint and supplies, and came home and painted the dining room, hung all the pictures and some additional ones back on the walls, and had the surprise waiting for Brandon by the time he got home from work. And the best part (besides the fact that it's done) is that it is just like the color I had in my head. I had gone back and forth about whether I would paint on the top and bottom of the chair railing that same color because I saw a picture like that and I really liked it. But I just did the top so I could see if I liked it that way first, and I think that I will leave it.
I was so motivated that on Friday I painted the same color in the living room as well. And Brandon gave me a hand. The color looks much lighter in there.

3 comments:

Ben Nolen said...

Yay for color! It looks great.
If Jenn didn't like painting, we'd have a white house. I hate it with a passion.

Jenn said...

I love it!! It's amazing what paint can do! You go girl!! Do you tape off or cut in with a brush??

Erin said...

Thanks! I didn't use any tape. I did it all with this edging brush with rollers on it. It's amazing how much faster it goes without taping.