Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Picking up where I left off...

Wednesday, May 21st
I packed up me and B, then when he got home from work, me, B, Jeremy, and Mandy set out to drive to St. Louis. Since this was their official move they were driving both cars up, and we were going to be driving up anyway a few days later, we decided to go up a little early so we could save on gas and all take turns driving. This worked out well - I started out driving JB's suv w/ B in the passenger seat, and JB drove mandy's car w/ her as passenger. After about 4 hrs, we stopped for dinner and then B and I switched driving. After another 4 hours, we stopped again. B felt bad that JB hadn't had a brake yet, so they had Mandy come over to drive the suv w/ me as passenger and B drove the car w/ JB in it. I have to say that the last 4 hours of the trip flew by. It's amazing how fast a drive can go by when you have two people talking the whole time. Girls can do some talking!


Thursday, May 22nd
It was morning by the time we arrived at B's parent's house. We greeted his parents and then the 4 of us went straight to bed. Unfortunately, going to bed at this hour is not foreign to me.
-
The next few days were spent visiting with B's parents and preparing for the party on Sunday.
-
Goat Crossing! The neighbor's goats
This is standing in the street in front of B's parents house.

Sunday, May 25th - Family Reunion
About 60 people came out to celebrate B's Grandparent's 60th Wedding Anniversary. Other than being waaaay hotter than the nice breezy days leading up to the party, it was great.
-
It's rare to have all 3 brothers and wives together, so we took the opportunity to get a family photo.
After helping clean up afterwards, we went back to JB and Mandy's new apartment for the night which is about about an hour and a half away. About 20 minutes after we left, we got a call from B's mom saying they had to go into the basement because there was a chance a tornado might be coming through! Thankfully, everything ended up ok, just some wind. They had one go through not too long ago and they've finally gotten things fixed up from that one.
-
I took this from the car while we were driving. It's hard to see in this little pic, but I like the streeks of light from the passing cars.

Monday, May 26th
JB brought us to the airport at 5:30 (boo!) this morning. Nana and Harley picked us up from the airport. She dog-sat for us and said Harley was a perfect angel the whole time. (But, of course!)
-
About 11:30 this evening, I was sitting up in the gameroom when I heard that memorable sound of a raccoon baby crying in our wall. Luckily for me, it happened to coming from the hole we already made in our wall! We had wood held up against the hole by a really heavy box and we left town praying a really strong raccoon didn't push it away while we were gone and destroy our house. So I moved it away and pulled out "Baby Raccoon #2", even smaller than the last one. Have I mentioned how incredibly cute baby raccoons are? Then I went to Walmart in the middle of the night to get more kitten milk replacement since I left what I bought last time with the other baby when I dropped it off. Walmart doesn't have the kind I like to use, but your options are pretty limited in the middle of the night. It didn't really matter because it wouldn't eat. Raccoon babies are hard to feed, I'm finding.


Tuesday, May 27th
"Raccoon baby #2" died today. I was sad. B buried it out behind our fence under the tree where my old turtle, Sammy, resides. I didn't even have to say anything, he just went and got the shovel and said "come on". He knows me so well.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

AWwwwww. So sad that the baby raccoon died! :( Good for Brandon for stepping up. Good guy. :)