Friday, June 13, 2008

Wednesday, June 4th (over a week ago)
So, when last I wrote, B was preparing a dinner feast. This evening Micah, Lisa, Tom, and Rob's brother, Eric came over for dinner. We had pork that had been marinated in B's special pear reduction sauce. I have to say, I usually don't eat pork, but I liked this pork. We also had sliced pears marinated in the pear sauce (it was like dessert!), asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, and zucchini and squash. I think he was trying to get in as much pork as he could while he had the opportunity, since I usually won't eat it.

Later in the week.....
I finished reading the book "Into the Wild" and then we rented the movie and watched it this past weekend. It is a true story and when I bought this book, I knew it didn't end well, but I thought that there would be some sort of inspirational story in there somewhere. But no. It really just ended up making me mad. I actually found myself getting frustrated and talking out loud to myself while I was reading it. B would think I was crazy, I'd explain what I was ticked off about, and then he would agree with me, and I'd carry on with my reading. And then I still watched the movie! However, I have to say that I actually liked the movie. Not the story line, of course, but how it was done - the cinematography and such. And the music. Eddie Vedder pretty much did all the music in the movie, so if you don't like him, I suppose your opinion might differ. If you just see the movie without reading the book, you may not be as frustrated with the story because, while the movie does a great job of following with the book, it doesn't quite paint the whole picture. I don't want to go into details, because I don't want to ruin it if anyone reading this wants to see the movie. Plus, it would take too long to write out all the many things that annoyed me. hehehe -But I would love to hear other people's opinion of it.-
-
And while we're on the subject of being a lazy blogger, I'm skipping over the rest of this past weeks "journaling" because I'm being lazy and because I don't particularly want to write about this past week. But I did have another fun "girls night" on Wednesday with Mandi and Nicole!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What?? You can't leave a teaser like "I don't want to write about this past week" and leave us hanging.

Meanie.

Man, now I have to read that book and movie!

Mommy said...

Where or where has my blogging buddy gone?