Thursday, June 18, 2009

The new guy...

We adopted Bentley from a Chihuahua rescue. I originally wanted to adopt a female and was considering a long hair, because some people say they actually shed less than the short. After a visit to make sure we were a good home, the gals from the rescue group brought over a little long haired girl for me to meet. She was a pretty girl, the same color as Harley, but not very socialized. They said once she got to know me she would be fine with me, but I wasn't too keen on someone getting bit because they tried to pet my dog. They happened to also have with them a little boy Chi, that was very friendly and came over and got right up into my lap. They said they brought him just in case, because I had told them about B's allergies, and this little guy doesn't shed. I'd pretty much already fallen for him at that point, so the fact that he doesn't shed was a huge bonus. He does have an issue that we're working on though. If he is asleep next to me, he growls if someone comes near us. I'm not liking that, so hopefully I can train him out of it.

When I look at this picture, it makes me think Harley's saying "Aw, mom, do we have to keep him?" hehehe
Bentley makes Harley look big. Harley is 11 pounds, Bentley is 6 pounds.
The vehicle names are coincidence, as Bentley was already named when we got him.
Harley turned 11 yrs. old this month. They are not sure of Bentley's age, but he is estimateted to be 3-4 yrs. old.

No comments: