Friday, November 30, 2007

Bad decision.....

......I decided to go to Garden Ridge yesterday. I walked through the Christmas isles and it was like bumper cars with shopping carts. Not fun! I wore my head phones to drown out the sounds of the screaming children, which helped. Then, I'm standing in this one isle trying to decide which "lighted mechanical reindeer" to purchase, when I became witness to a real live "Mexican standoff". I'm standing there, and these two women, who looked to be in their 60's, come head to head with their baskets and actually begin to argue over which one was there first and which one should back up so the other can pass. There was a big long dolly next to them blocking the other lane, so they couldn't get through until one backed up, and apparently neither was willing. This is when I made the decision for them. I went around, moved the dolly to the end of the isle and moved their baskets around each other. Of course they were still spouting off to each other as they passed by, but I did get a "thank you" from another woman that had been patiently waiting to get through behind them. Then I grabbed my reindeer and headed for the aproximately 30 person long checkout line. Though, it's not as bad as it seems, they form one line and a guy at the front directs you to one of 10 available registers. It actually goes pretty quick. The director guy says, "Register 4 is clear! Go, go, go!". Then you run! The cashier starts scanning your stuff before your cart wheels even stop spinning. And by the time you come to a stop, your stuff is already bagged for the door, and she's got her hand out for your money. It's all quite impressive!

Then I went next door to Walmart, cause I hadn't been tortured enough.


Later in the evening, after watching my favorite character get royally screwed off of Survivor (the only reason I watched this season was because he is from Lafayette, where I went to college), I put up my new Christmas tree that I bought after Christmas last year. Yep, no more Charlie Brown tree for us, this one's taller than B! I haven't unearthed all the decorations yet, but here it is so far.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Two words for ya:

Internet shopping!!!!