Monday, January 28, 2008

Birthday Marathon 2008

Friday, January 25th
B went to Austin for the day for work. I went to dinner with James and Shannon. Then we went back to our house to meet up with B after he arrived back home from his trip.

Saturday, January 26th
My insomnia is still in full force, so I'm up all night and sleep for a little while in the morning. Somewhere around 10 am I guess I fell asleep and I'm bummed cause I didn't set my alarm and over slept (if you can call 4 hours of sleep oversleeping). David Pelzer was in town speaking at a local function and I really wanted to go. I've read a few of his books and it would have been nice to hear him speak. Oh, well!

This evening Jeremy and Mandy came over for a little while and then we went to Bri's house for her b-day party. Which was cool because we hadn't seen her in a while. Then we went to Rob and Marlena's house for a gathering for Marlena's b-day. We watched some of the video from Jim and Berni's trip to China and the Philippenes.
Sunday, January 27th
So, last night I got a whopping one hour of sleep. Which brings me to a total of 5 hours since whatever time I woke up on Friday. Today we went with Micah, Lisa, Chris, Kelsey, and C for lunch at the Hobbit Cafe to celebrate Lisa's birthday. Then Micah and Lisa came back to our house for a little while. A little while after they left, I sat down to read my book and I apparently fell asleep because about an hour later B was waking me up to see if I wanted to go to the movies. I said sure, got up, brushed my teeth, put on my shoes, and stumbled out the door with my eyes still barely open. On route to the movies, plans changed and we had dinner with Micah, Lisa, Glenn, Becky, and L. We got to celebrate Lisa's birthday again and hear about G and B's cruise that they got back from today. Afterwards we went to Chocolata with Micah and Lisa for dessert, which makes 3 meals with them today.
I had pretty high expectations that I was going to get some sleep tonight, but so far, it's not looking too promising.
Excuse me madam, but there appears to be something on your head.
Lunch
Dinner
Dessert

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Egads! Why didn't someone tell me I had a Gollum on my head?

Jenn said...

Bwahahaha, that one of Kelsey with Gollum on her head is hysterical!

Eddie and Megan's little girl is adorable!!

Sorry you aren't getting much sleep!