Friday, March 14, 2008

Slacker

Well, I really have been quite the blogger slacker these days. I guess I lost that bloggin' feeling. I'll try to do better (I make no promises, lol). Let's see......B went out of town for 5 days (Austin), so you know what that means......snuggle fest with Harley!...... Since he's not allowed in our room because of B's allergies, I pull out the sofa bed and sleep with the dog while B's away. Yes, I know, small pleasures in life.....it's good stuff! I also rented several movies, that I know B won't watch with me. I got Becoming Jane (he'd watch this one), some other movie that I forget the name of, but it doesn't matter, Knocked Up, and Factory Girl. I enjoyed Becoming Jane (Jane Austen) although I was sad at the end, (way too remenicient of a Nicholas Sparks book, lol), but, then, I knew what was coming. The other movie had Mandy Moore in it, and as I said, not worth discusing. Knocked Up......well we all know going into this one that it's vulgar.....that's what everyone says after watching it. And while I would certainly agree, and thus would very much like to have done away with a good portion of the movie, unfortunately there were several things I liked about it. Sadly, I would imagine that the vulgarity in this movie is probably normal in some peoples lives, but not mine. I totally agree with the comments Jenn made in her post about the movie, so I won't repeat it all. Ideally, it would have been great to take all the positive stuff from the movie and make a whole new movie. Moving on to Factory Girl, B wouldn't have liked it because it revolves around that whole 60's culture, and all that that implies, but for some reason I happen to be quite interested in that era. (Hence, my love for the movie "Across the Universe".) Maybe it's because I look at it in terms of art and music and creativity, I don't know. Anyway, the movie is based on the life of Edie Sedgwick and her relationship with Andy Warhol and their life at "The Factory". This one won't appeal to some, but I enjoy movies and books about "the life of ___", so I was intertained. On that subject, I am currently reading a biography of Marie Antionette that I am finding interesting.

While we are on the subject of the 60's, this week on American Idol I was pleased to find them doing Paul McCartney/John Lennon songs. And, man, that Chekezie guy totally surprised me, I really liked him. I also enjoyed David Cook (Eleanor Rigby), Brooke (Let it Be), and Carly (Come Together). Michael (Across the Universe) was ok, but I give him extra points cause I like the song. Everyone else bored me. *Spoiler alert* I haven't watched the results show for this week yet, but you can't turn your computer on without finding out what happens on these shows, so I saw that David Hernandez was eliminate this week. Can't say I'm disappointed about that one. I guess America's not too fond of strippers seeing as they eliminated him and let David Archuleta slide for forgetting the words to his song. BTW, there's too many Davids on that show.

And last, but not least, my pal Jenn tagged me! I'm supposed to post pics about 5 facts about me and then tag someone else. Sooooo........
My Photo Meme

1.) When something says this...
I simply must do this.....

2.) I enjoy cajun and zydeco music and it's fun to dance to.

In college my boyfriend and I use to go out dancing nearly every weekend. We did country, ballroom, and cajun, but cajun was always the most fun. Sometimes we would go to this cajun restaraunt/bar in town that had bands come and they would film the bands and people dancing. Kind of like Soul Train, but local and cajun, hehehe. People would tell us that they'd seen us on tv dancing, but I never watch it.

3.) Orchids amaze me because they're so beautiful.

4.) I love to fly.

I use to quite often fly in my dreams, but for some reason I haven't done it in a long time.

One thing I miss about working for Continental is being able to travel and hop on a plane when ever I wanted. It's addictive and I sometimes crave it.

5.) Sometimes when I'm in a store and I see a card or a craft or something that I like, I will take a picture of it, so I can try to make it myself.



Now I shall tag......Kelsey and Becky.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Toucher! Toucher!! I'm totally telling.

I loved your photo meme!!! :)