Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Friday, February 29th
We had dinner with Micah, Lisa, Glenn, Becky, L, Chris, Kelsey, and C. Then we got ice cream and walked over to Market Street.

--------------------------------
Saturday, March 1st
I was going to go to the Conroe Airport to see the WWII airplanes with the photography club, but I thought it would be more fun to go with Johnny. So he and my mom and I went. I love taking pictures of airplanes, so I had so much fun and took a bunch of pics. If you had some money burning a hole in your pocket, for $250-$400 you could buy yourself a ride on one of the planes. It sounds like a lot of money, but supposedly it takes like $3600 per plane an hour for fuel and maintenance on those suckers. And they were coming and going the whole time, so there was a lot of people willing.

Cool story #1: There was this lady there who's dad was a WWII pilot, so she surprised him by bringing him there and they both went up together in one of the planes. When they returned the cute little ol' guy climbed out of the plane and all his grand-children were lined up waiting and all together yelled out "Happy birthday grandpa!" It was so cool my mom and I both got tears in our eyes (grandpa stuff gets to us).A little issue of lighting, lol

This is the one I sooo wish I could have flown inThe back end

Then we met my grandma for lunch and then went to the fair grounds to check out some barrel racing. I was kind of bored with the barrel racing, but as luck would have it we sat behind some ladies that had 4 dogs with them and 3 were Chihuahuas. So, I was entertained by them.

Cool story #2: We started talking to one of the ladies and she said that the Chihuahuas belonged to her friend that was competing in the show. She said that they travel around to these competitions and the dogs patiently sit there all day (they each had their own seat with little beds so they could sleep). Then she told us that one of the dogs is 13 and nearly deaf, but somehow he knows when his owner is up racing and will bark the whole time she's up. Then when she's done he stops. A little later that lady came to sit with them and all the dogs were all excited to see her. She started talking to that dog saying "I heard you barking for me!" Yep, I teared up again!
The dog/human bond is so amazing!
I thought this little boy was really cute
Cowgirl up!

-----------------------------
Sunday, February 2nd
Went to church and then to lunch with Rob, Marlena, and K. Then we all walked around Market Street.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Cool planes!

I was wondering when you were gonna post again!

Love the pic of the little boy! What a cutie!