Thursday, April 17, 2008

Monday, April 14th - Tuesday, April 15th
I went with my mom and Johnny to Milano, Tx. Johnny and his sister have 50 acres there that had belonged to their parents. This weekend we will be having a family reunion there with Johnny's family, so we went to fix up, clean up, and get ready. Over time, Johnny and I have been working on replacing the flooring in his trailor, so we did a few more sections. He claims he can't cut a straight line, so I do most of the cutting. This is fun for me, because I do so much enjoy using power tools! Plus, it's good father/daughter bonding time! Since it's been a while since anyone has been up there, we had a lot of cleaning to do! Between the cleaning and washing my hands a million times, my hands got so dry I thought they might bleed. Booo! I have since, lotioned them up and they are doing much better now. Yay! And here's a fun little story.......Monday evening I was walking from the kitchen to the living room in the trailer and I see something move across the floor. Now my first thought is very large roach and it's no secret that I have a very large fear of roaches. But it took only a moment to realize that this was no roach. It was a mouse! Eeeek! This is were I start yelling "Mouse! Mouse!" and mom and Johnny come running. I would have loved to have gotten a photo of the little fella, but that would have required me to come down from the furniture my mother and I were standing on top of. After running around a bit, it climbed up inside of a chair. We stood there watching the chair to see what was going to happen, then all of a sudden, it popped up from between the cushion and was sitting on top the seat, which we had to admit was pretty funny. Then it went back inside the chair and would not come out. Soooo, what do you do when you can't get a mouse out of your chair? Well, you roll that chair right out the front door, that's what you do! And now there's one less chair in the trailer.
Here's one of the sections of floor that we pulled up. I forgot to get an "after" photo.

Just sitting on the dock of the pond, wasting time....
Enjoying the reflections on the pond
Gradient of blue from the reflection of the sky

Which way is up? - I posted this picture sideways because if you tilt your head either direction the picture is nearly the same!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love the pictures!

I had a good laugh over the mouse!