Monday, December 15, 2008

December Festivities

December 3rd:
Spent the day at mom's for Johnny's Birthday and I brought over a project I wanted to work on without B seeing, cause it was a surprise. The TV nook next to our fireplace has always bothered me. The TV sat off to one side and the TIVO and DVD player, etc. sat stacked up to the other side and just looked messy to me. I've always thought that it needed doors to cover it all up or at least some shelving to organize it. And since doors are beyond my skill level, I made a shelf. It's now assembled, painted, and in the nook....and B was definitely surprised! We decided to switch the TV with the one that used to be in our bedroom since it's bigger.

This evening we put up our Christmas tree. It's tradition that I decorated my tree on the night that the old Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer cartoon comes on. So this was the night. I also, have to have chocolate chip cookies and eggnog while I decorate. It's the rules!

December 6th:
Went with mom to a Ladies Tea at her church. We had lunch and everyone brought a Christmas ornament and we did a White Elephant kind of exchange.

That night we went to a Christmas party for our Church Small Group. It was a lot of fun and we laughed so much that my face started to hurt! I love when that happens!

December 7th - 12th:
B had to go out of town for work, so Harley and I had the place to ourselves. Of course as usual when B's out of town, I opened up the sofa bed and slept in the living room since it's the only bed Harley's aloud to sleep in . He must have thought he was some kind of special not having to sleep in his kennel all week. Also, this week, I started working on my Craft/Crap Room. It's really gotten ridiculous in there. I rearranged all the furniture and got some things together to donate. Baby steps. It's a work in progress.

Unfortunetly the snow referred to in the previous post occurred while B was out of town, so he missed it. That pic is the one I sent him to show him what he was missing. Of course he's seen plenty of snow, just not in Texas.

December 13th:
We had B's company Christmas Party at our house. Another good time and it was great visiting with everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You built and installed that shelf?? You never cease to amaze me!