Thursday, January 1, 2009

More Winter Fun

December 19th:
Jeremy, Mandy, and B's mom came down from Missouri and stayed with us. The first order of business was going out for Mexican food for dinner.

December 20th:
We had a party at our house, so J.B and Mandy could visit with everyone. It doesn't seem like they've been gone that long, but it's been 7 months!

December 21st:
We had B's grandma over for more visiting.

December 22nd:
B's mom and I met up with him at Kobe during his lunch break. Then she and I hit a couple of stores so I could work on finishing up my Christmas shopping. I also drove her through a really cute neighborhood that I recently discovered. She had to agree, it really is cute. I discovered this neighborhood while B was out of town when I went to pick up one of my bargain finds from our town's online classifieds. This lady was selling a white shower curtain from Restoration Hardware for $5.00! It originally cost over $70! I wanted a white curtain for one of our guest bathrooms and I love this one. Yay!

For dinner we met up with Rob and Brandon for Thai food. Then we went to Rob's house because Marlena and her mom had spent the day baking a bunch of different kinds of cookies and we felt we really needed to sample a few for them. Because that's the kind of giving friends that we are. :)

December 23rd:
After we all went out to lunch, JB, Mandy, and Connie headed back to Missouri.

December 24th:
We went to picked up a few last minute Christmas presents. Then we decided against the evenings Chistmas Eve festivities and instead spent a relaxing evening at home. I finished wrapping presents, then we watched A Christmas Story on TV.

Just before heading to bed, I decided to take a few pictures of our tree with the presents around it. With my camera, bad lighting and shakey hands don't mix, so I had my tiny camera set up on the tripod, which looks pretty funny. B walked by and started laughing and went upstairs. Then he came back down the stairs and said "If you're gonna do that, you might as well do it right." and handed me a wrapped present. My eyes grew big and, I have to admit, I got a little light headed at the though of what I thought might be in there. Then I opened it and it WAS in there! My new camera!

It was time to go to bed, but I didn't want to put it down, so I considered laying it between us as we slept....but I resisted the urge and put it on my dresser....where I could still see it. :)

December 25th:
My first Christmas morning to wake up in my own home! And it was lovely! I do hope to do it again someday. Fingers crossed for 2010!

We spent the day at my mom's with my family.

December 27th:
Party at Rob and Marlena's.

December 28th:
Nicole's baby shower.

December 31st:
New Year's Eve party at our house. Lots of food (especially cheese!) and a good time visiting and spending time with friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just picture you snuggling your camera to sleep!