Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nope! Just can't do it!

I can not bring myself to read the end of "Marley and Me". I started this book last year and then stopped. Then, in anticipation of it coming out in the theaters, I started reading it again. And it still sits, almost finished, but nope. I have cried enough. I'm talking tears running down my face, falling onto my shirt kind of crying. And I know good and well the ending's gonna bring on more tears. B even wanted to take me on a date to see the movie, but I told him it's probably best that we wait for the DVD, so that I can cry in the privacy of our own home. What can I say, when it comes to dogs, I'm a sap! However, the story is not just about a dog. I have read on the internet that some parents were unhappy because they brought their child to see the movie, thinking it was a comedy about a dog.

FWI, it's not. The trailors for this movie are misleading.

Like, I said I have not seen the movie, my info comes strictly from hearing and reading peoples responses to it, but I have gotten the impression that it follows closely to the book. It's a story about a man and his dog, but it's also a story about a man and his wife, and their relationship, and their children. I don't know about the movie, and maybe these parents are over reacting, but as far as the book goes, I wouldn't place it in the children's section.

BTW, I really liked the book. And even though it was a tear jerker, there are parts that are down right funny!

I laughed, I cried, and maybe one day....I'll read the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This actually makes me want to see the movie. Or read the book. From what I saw on the trailers it just didn't appeal to me, but I'm intrigued now!

Erin said...

You can read it in a few weeks when you come visit. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm...maybe I won't see it. I can't stand sad movies with dogs. Who am I kidding? I can't stand sad movies. I go to the movies to escape reality. I want happy endings. This is why I am a big fan of the Disney princess movies. They all live happily ever after. It may also explain why my best friend is only 4. BTW, I read some of your older posts. With that new camera, how come there are not any pictures?

Lisa