Friday, January 16, 2009

Oops! Forgot to water the dog!

My dog can stand a lot of things, however thirst is not one of them. If his bowl is out of water and he is thirsty, he will find a way to let me know. Usually this is done by placing his front paw into his lead crystal (yes, lead crystal) bowl and dragging the bowl across the ceramic tile floor. This makes a scraping sound that I can hear from any room in the house. Another option he sometimes chooses is to find the water on his own, thus making any glass within his reach fair game. He chose that route this evening and went for my glass sitting on the coffee table next to the couch. However this did not go as he had planned. I was in the other room when I heard the sound of glass breaking and immediately knew what had happened and why. Mother's intuition? Or predictable pup?

No comments: