Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

We went to my grandma's in Louisiana for the weekend. We had our usual Easter Crawfish Boil, which I always look forward to. Afterwards was BINGO! Several of us brought prizes, so if you won you got to pick from the prize table. The prizes my grandma contributed were all in boxes or wrapped, so you couldn't tell what they were. I ended up picking a few of those, and was glad I did! Then, of course, what BINGO tournament would be complete without a Silly String fight? Which I, of couse, documented on camera. Sunday, we went all went to church, then came home and took family pictures, examined our Easter baskets (yes, we all still get them), had an egg hunt for the kids, and ate lunch, before everyone started heading back home.
-
My mom stayed to visit longer with my grandma, and B and I road back home with Johnny. On our way home a car in front of us lost control, drove through the grass along side of the highway, flipped into the air across the feeder road, and landed upside down in a ditch on the other side. We pulled over right away and B jumped out and ran over to them. By the time he got to them, they were climbing out the back window, and thank God, appeared to be ok. The ditch they landed in had water in it, so the car had water in it. Had they been unconscious, they could have been trapped with their heads under water. The guy and girl in the car were college kids driving back to school.
-
-
My Sunflower cake I made using Peeps.
-
Yep, that's my sweetie peelin' crawfish
-Silly String fight.

No comments: