Thursday, February 21, 2008

When I get on the internet, I never know where I'm going to end up. One link leads to another, and so on, and so on. ........ I recently came across the site of a local forum group. People in "my town" get on there and discuss general topics, local issues, local restaraunts, etc. Sometimes, some of them meet up for lunch, so when I saw that they were meeting today at a restaraunt near my house, I decided to join them. Now this is really out of my usual comfort zone, but sometimes I make myself do things for just that reason. Like the time I made myself try out for a play. Unfortunately, I hadn't prepared myself for the fact that I might actually get a part in the play, which I did, but after a few weeks of rehearsals nearly everyday, I got bored and quit. Yep, I'm a quitter. Anywaaaay, I met the ladies for lunch today and quite enjoyed myself. They were all very nice and I even met another gal my age who's a "housewife w/o kids".

Now, the next thing I am trying to talk myself into is this Saturday. My photography club is having a field trip to take pictures at a park (the same one where we recently went camping). I signed up to go, but now I'm embarassed to show up there with my little "point and click" camera. These people are serious, and they've got serious cameras, with fancy lenses, and everything else that goes along. The club is for all skill levels, but I've seen slideshows of their field trip photos and they aren't messin' around. Their photo taking requires bags of stuff and "set up". Mine requires taking my camera out of my pocket! hehehe So, I'm trying to make myself suck it up and go. But, I'm NOT carpooling with them in case I need to made a mad dash out of there. lol

In my random internet surfings I came across this site. I thought it might be of interest to my pals Jenn and Kelsey. http://greenmomfinds.com/ It looks like it links to some other interesting sites as well......and so on, and so on.....lol.....

And since I don't like to blog w/o putting up a photo, and I haven't taken any in the last few days, I will instead leave you with one of my "altered" old photos for your viewing pleasure. I don't have photoshop (nor do I know how to use it), but my laptop came with this tool that lets me change the coloring and contrasting somewhat so I've been having fun playing around with it on some of my photos.
Before

AfterI like the new version so much better! I love how the colors came out , especially at the top of the photo, so I couldn't bear to crop them out. And the subject's pretty cute too, huh?!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

NICE!! I like the pic and love the subject.

I hope you do go to the photo shoot with your club! They were all beginners once too! I would hope they won't snub their nose at someone who loves their hobby as much as they do.